Monday 17 September 2012

Art- Richard J Oliver

I might not come across as someone who knows about art, because, I'm not, I know what I like and I like thought provoking beauty.  I'm not a fan of arts created to 'test limits' just because the artist can. 

Richard J Oliver creates art that I like, many of his pieces are thought provoking, yet hauntingly beautiful.  I never look at his paintings the same way twice, I always gain something new.

This piece is my current favourite, its less dark than most of his work, yet it is still deep and haunting, I think its the eyes.
'Gretel, God will not Forsake Us'

Another favourite one of my favourites:

'White is Every colour that exists, combined'
This was created for City of Hope Paediatric Cancer research, to help fund research, treatment and programs for children battling cancer and their families.

You can find out much more about Richard J Oliver on his blog; Richard J Oliver Fine Arts
You can also purchase many limited edition prints from the store Here.

I personally will be buying a few of these beautiful prints as house warming gifts for myself for the new place.  Please check out  this wonderful artist and the work he does, not just for himself but to aid many others.

What about you, do you have a favorite artist you're just ithcing to share with the world? Let me know in the comments.

All images courtesy of Richard J Oliver Fine arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment